0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2018 5:03 AM by otakulife005

Terrible Lag when RX570 Drivers Are Installed, Works Fine When Uninstalled

otakulife005

Motherboard: MSI A88X-G45 Gaming (MS-7900)

RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600Mhz

Graphics Card: MSI AMD RX-570

I first bought my RX-570 just under a year ago. About a month ago, I was closing Minecraft, when my screen glitched and my computer froze. After restarting the computer, I was unable to vie anything when plugged into the graphics card directly, only when tapped into the motherboard. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, removing, various levels of software and drivers. Nothing would make it work other than uninstalling the AMD Drivers, and using the default windows drivers. With the Radeon Drivers not installed, I could use my card, once installed, I got nothing. So I RMA'd the Card.

Fast forward to today, got my referb in the mail from MSI. Installed, worked fine until I went to install the Radeon Software. Worked for a while after the install, then the mouse started to glitch every 2 seconds on the dot. Obviously I thought this was a mouse issue, so I tried another port, and another, and then went on to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and software to no avail. I later realized that the keyboard was also freezing every two seconds along with the mouse.

What ended up fixing this was uninstalling the RX-570 via device manager, which I'm assuming also uninstalled the driver with it. Just for s***s and giggles, I installed just the driver one more time, the lowest level of software you can download from AMD, and it started half way though the install.

So...what in the holy world am I missing here? Ideas?