AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trouble with drivers for 7790; flicker / blue screen / lock up

Question asked by omega13lives on Sep 3, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2018 by omega13lives

I have an R series 2xx graphics card (can't remember if it's R7 or R9) which I believe is an upgrade from the 7790 but my 7790 has 2Gb ram and the R has only 1Gb so I switched back.  My video game had a lot of short-term freezes which made it difficult to play.  I originally installed the AMD_VGADriver_Win7_Win8_Win8_1_VER13_152 driver and I seemed to get a little better results, but then I found the win7-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.5.1-may23 driver which made the game run much better with just minor freezes but then I had 2 Blue Screen incidents.  I then upgraded, doing a clean uninstall, to the win7-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.8.1-aug17 which ran great with no Blue Screen, but twice the PC just locked up and I had to hard boot.  So since then I have reverted to the previous AMD_VGADriver and no blue screens, no lock ups.  I just tested the video game (Tomb Raider) and it seems to work better than before I upgraded.  Still wondering why I can't install newer drivers?  I played this game a few years ago with 3 monitors and it worked great, and now I'm only using 1 of 2 for the actual game.  Would love to have 3 again.

Outcomes