This from AMD Radeon ProRender website which has a download for Solidworks Plugin: https://pro.radeon.com/en/software/prorender/solidworks/
- SOLIDWORKS® 2016 and up for Microsoft Windows®
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit (Radeon™ RX series, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”) graphics, and R9 series)
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 10 64-bit (Radeon™ Pro WX series, Radeon™ Pro SSG, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”), Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition, and AMD FirePro™ W series)
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (non-AMD GPU)
- Runs on both GPUs and CPUs. OpenCL™ 1.2 required for GPUs
- AMD graphics cards are recommended
- For non-AMD OpenCL™ 1.2 cards, Windows® 10 is required
- Recommended Graphics Hardware:
Radeon™ Pro WX series cards, Radeon™ Pro SSG graphics, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”) graphics, Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition cards, and AMD FirePro™ W9100, W8100, W7100 and S series cards
- Compatible Graphics Hardware:
Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”) graphics, Radeon™ RX series cards, R9 Fury series cards, R9 Nano graphics, R9 300 series cards, R9 290X graphics, R9 290 graphics, R9 285 graphics, R9 280X graphics, R9 280 graphics
Is your computer a Laptop with a RX 550 and APU with a R7? Please give your complete Computer Setup : INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION
I am at a loss, because AMD says the RX series is Compatible but is not one of the Recommended GPU cards which are basically Professional GPU cards. Maybe one of the Moderators might be able to give some input about the RX series GPU cards and using ProRender.
Try opening a AMD EMAIL SUPPORT TICKET and see if the error you are getting is normal for an RX series GPU Card using ProRender.
Here is the EMAIL link to open a Ticket. They will answer you back and at least direct on what to do next: Email Form . and also to SolidWorks Support here:
According to Technical Support for Solidworks, AMD RX series cards are not listed as CERTIFIED Gpu cards.Graphics Card Drivers | Hardware & System Requirements | SOLIDWORKS
So Maybe the AMD ProRender Solidworks PLUGIN makes the RX Series GPU cards at least Compatible with SolidWorks.
By the Way, did you install the AMD Solidworks Plugin for ProRender?
Here is the latest ProRender Solidworks Plugin from April 2018: Radeon ProRender for SOLIDWORKS v184.108.40.206 Release Notes .
Copied webpage from link: (the Download link on this copy works by just clicking on it):
Radeon ProRender for SOLIDWORKS v220.127.116.11 Release Notes
Article Number: RN-RADEONPRORENDER-SOLIDWORKS-v18.104.22.168
Last Updated: April 9, 2018
Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images. Built on highly efficient, high-performance Radeon™ Rays technology, Radeon ProRender's complete, scalable ray tracing engine uses open industry standards to harness GPU and CPU performance for swift, impressive results.
This Radeon ProRender add-in for Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS® is a feature rich solution which enables the user to render high quality images of their designs.
The latest Radeon ProRender for SOLIDWORKS plug-in can be downloaded from the following links:
Radeon ProRender for SOLIDWORKS v22.214.171.124 Highlights
- Physically based sun and sky – set a time and day and place and get the accurate background and lighting from the sky, or interactively set the sun angle and color.
- The user can render volumes with cameras inside the volume.
- Files can be exported for interchanging between plug-ins.
- Differences when rendering refractive objects in CPU vs GPU mode.
- A memory leak with editing IBL light while interactive rendering on GPU has been fixed.
- Performance when rendering many object instances on CPU has been improved.
Radeon ProRender for SOLIDWORKS v126.96.36.199 is compatible with the following applications:
- Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS® 2016+
Compatible Operating System
Radeon ProRender for SOLIDWORKS v188.8.131.52 is designed to support the following operating system platforms:
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 8.1 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (64-bit)
Radeon ProRender for SOLIDWORKS v184.108.40.206 is compatible with the following graphics products:
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Windows 7 (64-bit)
Radeon™ WX Series ✓ ✓ Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition ✓ ✓ Radeon™ Pro SSG ✓ Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris") ✓ ✓ AMD FirePro™ W Series ✓ ✓ Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Fiji") ✓ ✓ ✓ Radeon™ R9 Series ✓ ✓ ✓ Radeon™ RX Series ✓ ✓ ✓ Non-AMD GPU ✓
Hi, tanks for your answer, already download and intale the PLUGIN on the link, but it sends the same warning. I think he will contact me with AMD.
Thank you very much for your help.