AnsweredAssumed Answered

TV (Samsung) not recognized as 2nd Display

Question asked by rmolenaar on Aug 30, 2018

Hi,

I've tried looking for an answer to my question in the other discussions but couldn't find it - hopefully someone can help me out.

Situation:

I recently bought a new HDMI cable to connect my desktop computer to my Samsung television to occasionally use it as a second screen (movies, youtube, streams, etc.).

I plugged the cable straight into my graphic card's (R9 200 Series) HDMI port and connected it to an HDMI port on my television.

Problem:

I cannot get my TV to recognize my graphics card. I tried multiple HDMI ports on the TV and it keeps stating 'no source available'.

I tested if the HDMI-cable OR my TV HDMI-ports were broken but this is not the case - if I connect my laptop instead, it duplicates the screen to the TV perfectly.

If I press Windows + P; either Duplicating, Extending, etc. does not no the trick.

Then I continued in the Catalyst Control Center and activated the Samsung TV; as seen in the screenshot below - and I set it to Duplicate (not Extend).

Still; nothing on my TV. Then I went to Display Settings in Windows 10 and noticed that both displays are recognized. The AMD Radeon Settings also show my Samsung TV. See below:

I have replugged the cables multiple times and also rebooted both TV and PC in different sequences but I still cannot have my TV show anything.

What am I doing wrong; does anyone have an idea?

Thanks so much,

Reinier

Outcomes