7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2018 1:42 PM by discordstar

ryzen 2600 right overclock setting

discordstar

I want to overclock my Ryzen 2600 to at least 4.0Ghz.

But the thing is, i don't know if that's safe to do, as my knowlegde on about it is limited?

What i do know is not to go overboard and what for the heat.

So i wanted to ask you all, who might have more experience in the matter.

How high can i overclock with just the stock cooler (i heard its pretty decent).

Some info you might need:

- Asus Prime B350-Plus

- Radeon RX 580

• Re: ryzen 2600 right overclock setting
          misterj

discordstar, please see here.  Please DL, install, run Ryzen Master and post a screenshot.  It will give you the correct temperature to compare to the maximum.  Specifications:

2600.jpg

Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I replied 24 hours ago but because I included a link to an external website it was reviewed by a moderator which delays the actual posting for minutes to hours and in this case days.  Sorry, I try to avoid links for that purpose.  Please use ONLY Ryzen Master to measure temperatures.

discordstar

why only use it to check the temp?

currently i have around 3.7 - 3.8Ghz.

i tried out gamer mode, but then reset back.

i'm not sure, but i remember it being under 3.4Ghz but its stays between 3.4-3.9.

is this normal? i'm still new to the world of pc. what is the standard Ghz speed in this case?

black_zion

How high you can go on the stock cooler is dependent on the ambient temperature, airflow, and voltage you have to use. As long as you don't exceed 85*C for an extended period of time (Tmax is 95*C but you don't want to run around it too close for too long), and don't use voltage too high (I wouldn't exceed 1.4v) then you can't do any damage.