cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

discordstar
Adept I

ryzen 2600 right overclock setting

I want to overclock my Ryzen 2600 to at least 4.0Ghz.

But the thing is, i don't know if that's safe to do, as my knowlegde on about it is limited?

What i do know is not to go overboard and what for the heat.

So i wanted to ask you all, who might have more experience in the matter.

How high can i overclock with just the stock cooler (i heard its pretty decent).

Some info you might need:

- Asus Prime B350-Plus

- Radeon RX 580

0 Likes
7 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

discordstar, please see here.  Please DL, install, run Ryzen Master and post a screenshot.  It will give you the correct temperature to compare to the maximum.  Specifications:

2600.jpg

Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I replied 24 hours ago but because I included a link to an external website it was reviewed by a moderator which delays the actual posting for minutes to hours and in this case days.  Sorry, I try to avoid links for that purpose.  Please use ONLY Ryzen Master to measure temperatures.

0 Likes

why only use it to check the temp?

currently i have around 3.7 - 3.8Ghz.

i tried out gamer mode, but then reset back.

i'm not sure, but i remember it being under 3.4Ghz but its stays between 3.4-3.9.

is this normal? i'm still new to the world of pc. what is the standard Ghz speed in this case?

0 Likes

How high you can go on the stock cooler is dependent on the ambient temperature, airflow, and voltage you have to use. As long as you don't exceed 85*C for an extended period of time (Tmax is 95*C but you don't want to run around it too close for too long), and don't use voltage too high (I wouldn't exceed 1.4v) then you can't do any damage.

0 Likes

how should i adjust it?

With ryzen master or bios?

is 4.2Ghz and 1.35v good? or should i go lower voltage and speed.

My build has pretty good airflow and pretty good psu, room temp can go up and down depending on weather.

here's some info that might help you... maybe

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

I always advise permanent overclocking via BIOS, but you can use Ryzen Master to test the clock speeds since they can be adjusted on the fly. Never expect to get a frequency greater than the turbo at any voltage, as each chip is different, the only way you'll know is to start doing it. It goes without saying, however, that it will void your warranty.

0 Likes

is there a way to set a minimum and maximum clockspeed, so that the cpu is more flexible.

if i were to use ryzen master or any other similar programs and encounter problems with it. can i reset everything in bios by pressing the "default setting"? or do these programs work differently?

also what is turbo? is that something ryzen master offers?

0 Likes

Turbo kicks up the speed under load. If you want to overclock and still have the ability to clock down, you will need to use P state overclocking which is a feature likely not on your board, if it is it will be under CPU and Zen Common Options.

0 Likes