7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2019 11:14 AM by elstaci

Where to find older AMD drivers?

passante

After the website refresh I don't see anymore the older AMD drivers, I'd like to downgrade cause I preffer how one of the oldest drivers performed.

Pls suggest.

• Re: Where to find older AMD drivers?
          elstaci

Since you didn't post your computer spec as per AMD Forum. When you go to the New AMD Download Page and input your GPU for the driver you want. Once it shows all the latest drivers for your GPU look toward the very bottom of the last driver shown. You will see in small print "Previous Drivers" as per this image:

Picture0001.jpg

Click on that blue Link. Warning though, it will only show you a few previous drivers not all the drivers from the past.

passante

Sorry for having misused the forum, I won't repeat that.

Thank you very much for being helpful, I did find the driver I searched for.

Thanks, bye.

elstaci

You didn't misuse the Forum. In fact, must new Users don't read the rules of the Forum before posting. So you aren't alone. But to help a new User, other Users need to know the computer specs that they are dealing with.

Did you find the Previous driver from the AMD Download page?

agnostos

i tried to download drivers for my laptop with hd 7610m. I follow the steps and i found that the lastest driver is Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta

I dont like to install a beta driver so i tried to found this hyperlink but it isnt there.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

elstaci

If your laptop has an AMD APU (CPU with integrated Graphics) then you must download and install the APU driver which will install automatically the 7610m driver.

If you laptop has an NON-AMD APU/CPU then you can download the driver for the 7610M only. Seems like you have a Non-Supported WIndows version (8.0/8.1). AMD doesn't support Windows 8/8.1 with updated drivers.

Your 7610M is considered to be obsolete and not supported by AMD with updated drivers. Thus you have to two choices. The WHQL Driver from 2015 or the BETA Driver from 2016.

If you are not comfortable in installing a BETA driver than install the last WHQL driver from 2015. You have no other choice.

You can download the last drivers from AMD Download page from here: AMD Radeon™ HD 7610M Drivers & Support | AMD

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          agnostos

Hello elstaci. Thanks for the answer.

I know my card is considering obsolete and i don't want the lastest driver of 2019 but a the newer stable for my video card. This link AMD Radeon™ HD 7610M Drivers & Support | AMD  at windows 8.1 64bit shows me just catalyst software 

"Catalyst Software Suite" and "Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta"

Is "Catalyst Software Suite" actually a  driver or just catalyst software ?

elstaci

The WHQL Catalyst is the whole package that includes both the AMD GPU Driver and the AMD GPU software.

The BETA driver was when the new Radeon Software first came out and replaced the AMD Catalyst software.

So it's your decision in which driver/Software to use. There are no 2019 drivers for your GPU card. As I mentioned, the HD7610M is not supported in any Windows versions any more with Driver updates. Only the two old previous driver from 2015 & 2016.

Good luck.