cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

r_billfrancis
Journeyman III

BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE error: atikmpag.sys

Hello,  I've been experiencing this BSOD  VIDEO TDR FAILURE w/error: atikmpag.sys 6 days ago. I'm trying to solve the issue but i can't with out your help guys i believe it happened when the windows auto update my laptop. My Laptop is old original OS is windows 7 pro and upgraded free to windows 10 by Microsoft.

My Laptop is ASUS B53J

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M560 @ 2.67GHz by GenuineIntel 2660Mhz L2 Cache 256KB 64bit In CPU 1 Socket

8Gb memory

AMDMobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

Chipset: AMD Radeon Graphics Processors (0x68E0) 512MB

I already did try to update the AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series on Safe Mode since i don't have access to normal mode I went to Display adapters at device manager and restart it still the same BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE error:atikmpag.sys shows & try another one i go back to safe mode again download the latest driver "non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.2.1" Uninstall AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series  but i did not uninstall the Intel(R) HD Graphics & restart & it goes straight to normal mode  but the graphics of my desktop is look like a basic its like on wide focus resolution so i did install the driver i download the "non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.2.1" and restart it & BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE error:atikmpag.sys shows again.  So the last i did i went back again to safe mode & go to display adapters i change  AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series  to Microsoft Basic Display adaptor but i did not change the Intel(R) HD Graphics and restart my laptop and goes straight to normal mode, but the video resolution is wide focus its like the enlarge image it shutting down my laptop if i used it on the online games like Age of Empire Casle Siege or open a facebook or youtube looks like the Intel(R) HD Graphics can't handle it. I'm hoping you guys help me out on this issue sorry for long details. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Reply
r_billfrancis
Journeyman III

Is anybody know where I could download the previous driver for AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000. I want to try that one if the previous driver could work. Thank you.

0 Likes