AnsweredAssumed Answered

troubleshooting a reinstall of a 1950x

Question asked by searon9 on Aug 21, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 10, 2018 by searon9

I had some problems with my motherboard.  My first install of my 1950x went off without a hitch.  On the second install however, I accidently knocked the chip out of its carrying handle when cleaning thermal paste off of it.  It did not work on the second install.  It only dropped a few inches, so its probably fine, but it may not be properly seated in the carrying handle or in the motherboards socket.  I put it back in the carrying handle oriented in the proper direction and kept touching the case to discharge static electricity.  I then cleaned the whole thing with cotton balls and alcohol to remove hand grease, being carefull not to leave behind any cotton.  The motherboard turned on, but would not post.  The motherboard was tested before it left the factory, so i dont think it is the motherboard.  I then cleaned the entire chip and its seat with compressed air.   still i had the same problems.  this whole time it took more pressure to screw down the chip than it did during the original install, making me think its improperly seated, perhaps a little low in the seat.  Is there a way to fix this?

Outcomes