0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 8:22 AM by danoded

GPU driver installation causes "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" on Windows 7, and hard freezing on Windows 8.1

danoded

Ever since I built my new PC with these specs:

MSI X470 GAMING PRO Motherboard (Non-Carbon)

Ryzen 7 2700X

16 GB Corasir Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16

SAMSUNG NVMe M.2 970 EVO 500GB

And installed my previous graphics card from my old the system, the SAPPHIRE 7870 GHz Edition GPU, I have only had problems when I have a graphics card drier installed. On Windows 7, my system will run fine for a duration of 1 minute to 1 hour before I am given a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error. On Windows 8.1, my PC will freeze and requires a physical restart in order to use my system again. This also happens with a duration between 1 minute to 1 hour. These issues do not exist when I have no graphics driver installed.

On Windows 8.1 I have tried the 17.4.4 driver only, on Windows 7 I have tried 18,17,16 and 13, all to no avail.

I have tested my RAM using Memtest, no errors were shown after 1hr30mins+ of running. I have absolutely zero problems without the graphics card driver installed.

My GPU was working with zero problems on in my old system running Windows 7. I have disabled any extra USB peripherals yet the issue still persists. I have no overclocks, and have tested my RAM with and without the XMP profile enabled, the issue still persists.