cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jcglitchmaster
Journeyman III

Sort out your graphics card software update

I am running 2 GPU's (Main being a 1080 from nvidia secondary being a HD 7770 for multiple monitors). Your software is hands down the worst I have ever experienced for graphics cards considering it tailored towards gamers for their GPU's. I don't your software minimizing my game every 3 second whenever I click a button because it needs to update. Nvidia will minimize my game also when an update is available but will do it ONCE. Not every single time I hit a button in game. Funnily enough, I can't drop everything I am doing just to update your software and this alone has solidified me never purchasing an AMD gpu again. Playing a game like escape from tarkov is annoying enough without having your software adding to frustration. Fix it for the sake of your customers who use your hardware and software for their primary display.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Problem solved

Really isn't the point though is it. It should not be tabbing me out my game whenever I hit a button after repeatedly closing the software just for a software update (it did this around 23 times and each time I had to close the popup). This is just a bandaid for a bigger problem and in my situation where it was affecting me (being shot at and trying to tab in so I don't lose hours of progress) I don't have time to wait 15 seconds for the software to open then go messing around in the software trying to find something like this. The only way I could stop it tabbing me out was to disable my GPU in device manager then close the whole program through task manager. I should not need to do this at all just for a software update and the program should not be taking priority for any reason while an application is fullscreened.

I would also like to point out that in my situation at the time I could not do this since I did not have my second monitor enabled. This meant I could not open the software since it would throw up the error in the picture.

Meaning to get to this setting I would have needed to open display settings (while my game is open), extend it, edit the software to remove notifications, return the screen back to what it was before then tab back in my game and hope that in the minute it would've taken to do this I hadn't died ingame losing my progress. Or the software could work in a normal way and not take full control of my PC just because a simple software update is available.

0 Likes

Do you use auto date, or manual custom install. Do you leave it minimized to tray.

Sounds like it could possibly be windows/app. notifications/quiet hours settings.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..