cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

me262schwalbe1
Adept III

ROG Strix GL702ZC Radeon Driver 18.8.1 messed up system had to rollback

Before all this I made several restore points when I see system is nominal and normal and I delete them when days go by and install more apps and stuff that did not exist before...I deleted a restore point before the install of the driver by minutes and made another one.

I uninstalled malwarebytes and turned off antivirus windows defender before I ran manual restore point.

I made a manual restore point before I installed radeon 18.8.1 and installed the driver and restarted when prompted and when I could not see amd radeon in right click display and I went to restore point....

even after all the failed attempts it still says could not access one file and you must check if anti virus is off....

I did ddu and and now reinstalling drivers through windows update.

I do not understand why the recent update did not work for my ROG.

0 Likes
1 Reply
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

I have no issue with the asus stock driver at all works great never experienced one crash during gaming...or any  other task...

unlike the Dell Inspiron 15 5576  during gaming or anything else web wise..it crashed...

so far not one crash...

I am still hesitant about the new drivers...I am not sure if it is compatible with my Current Configuration.

0 Likes