cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

valkyrie4488
Journeyman III

Doom Crashing And Other Issues

I just finished my new PC build on the 7th of this month, it took awhile being on a budget and having to save but overall I was happy with the finished PC until I started noticing some issues these past couple of days. The system is based around a Ryzen 7 1700 CPU and a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB GPU on a Gigabyte Aorus AX370-Gaming K5 Motherboard, I started the build when the next gen part's were being released and these were a bit cheaper. I'll list the full PC spec's at the end of this post. It started out with my dual monitors the other day, a 50' TV I have connected via HDMI for when I game and a DVI monitor for ordinary day to day use. The mouse started freezing and going and jumping to the point it was unusable on my DVI monitor but when I turned my TV on at the same time it cleared up, when I would unplug the HDMI it cleared up also with just the DVI plugged in but as soon as I plugged the TV back in and turned it off the DVI would start acting up again so I just left my TV plugged in as my main display and completely unplugged my DVI monitor sense my TV worked fine even when it was the only one on. An upside was I could set the resolution to 1920X1080 whereas the max resolution with the DVI plugged in was only 1600X900 and I could play games in full 1080P, and have done gameplay video's of CoD and RE7 beautifully detailed which I can add here if interested. Sense then though intermittently there has been instances where static would flash over my TV but only for a brief second in the middle of the screen, it actually started while playing RE7 but I hope the dual monitor fix I found on here that deals with disabling the HDCP if I remember correctly will help that also though I haven't tried it yet. Today though before I found the fix or anything I tried booting up Doom to make a gameplay video but it was only a black screen that said video mode not supported on the default OpenGL api, I had to press the reset button the first time not sure what to do and when it did it the second time out of idea's I thought why not try plugging my DVI monitor back in sense even when I used to use my old Sapphire R9 270X Vapor-X card and tried to switch to Vulkan my DVI monitor would switch off and it always seemed to be bit buggy, on a side note when I had both DVI and HDMI plugged in on my new 580 and on my old 270X the memory clock's would stay at full all the time instead of idling down but when I started using just the HDMI on my new 580 it fixed that also and it idles at 300Mhz along with the core clock. When I plugged the DVI in it fixed it and both display's came right up, I switched to Vulkan at that time to see if that would help restarted and unplugged the DVI again and when I booted Doom back up it came up but the black screen still popped up for a second in the beginning and when I tried to turn on the Microsoft Game DVR to record my gameplay it gave me the blue screen twice. Don't get me wrong it's absolutely beautiful in Vulkan and I get really high FPS in the hundreds but after the blue screen's I'm hesitant to play it, I just don't want to risk my PC crashing multiple times and hard resetting. I'm a plug and play type of gamer, I don't overclock even if the hardware is rated for it because I don't want to push my hardware sense I would be hard pressed to replace it and I tend to baby my PC. I was just worried something might be wrong with my GPU, after the Doom incident I played allot of RE7 and that played fine. Really loving the new GPU but wish I knew what was up. Thanks ahead of time for any and all help, it is greatly appreciated.

System Specification's:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus AX370-Gaming K5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700

Ram: 16GB Geil Super Luce RGB Sync 3000Mhz DDR4

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580

Vram: 4GB

Storage: Multiple 2TB 7200RPM HDD's

PSU: Thermaltake Smart-M 850W Semi-Modular

Software Used: MSI Afterburner + Microsoft Game DVR

0 Likes
0 Replies