AnsweredAssumed Answered

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Major Issues with Blizzard Games

Question asked by caraballo70 on Aug 8, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2018 by caraballo70

This journey has been a living nightmare. I went from a perfect running system 2 days ago to a dead gaming PC.

Two days ago I get a pop up message to update my Video Card Driver to 18.8.1

I have the RX580 8GB Video Card. I install the update - restart the machine and get an error message from Windows - No Video Card Found.

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition no longer opens - error message. This was all from just clicking the 18.8.1 update.

OK - No problem. Delete the "AMD" Folder on the C Drive.

Go to AMD Website - Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver - It downloads. Now I have version 18.5.1

I leave it at 18.5.1 and launch Blizzard World of Warcraft - No 3D Video Card found. Game Fails to Start.

Pop up from the Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition says: Hey! You have a new update - Version 18.7.1

I update from 18.5.1 to 18.7.1 and what do you know - back to NO Video Card found and no more Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition opens after restart.

Aggravated, I wipe my DELL Gaming PC Inspiron 5675 (not even 6 months old) back to Factory Settings (Fresh Out of the Box New) that comes with Radeon Crimson Version 17.7 - If I do not touch it - everything runs fine. If I update to ANY version after 17.7 I get all the error messages above.

Any idea what is going on??

Outcomes