18 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2018 10:23 AM by caraballo70

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Major Issues with Blizzard Games

caraballo70

This journey has been a living nightmare. I went from a perfect running system 2 days ago to a dead gaming PC.

Two days ago I get a pop up message to update my Video Card Driver to 18.8.1

I have the RX580 8GB Video Card. I install the update - restart the machine and get an error message from Windows - No Video Card Found.

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition no longer opens - error message. This was all from just clicking the 18.8.1 update.

OK - No problem. Delete the "AMD" Folder on the C Drive.

Go to AMD Website - Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver - It downloads. Now I have version 18.5.1

I leave it at 18.5.1 and launch Blizzard World of Warcraft - No 3D Video Card found. Game Fails to Start.

Pop up from the Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition says: Hey! You have a new update - Version 18.7.1

I update from 18.5.1 to 18.7.1 and what do you know - back to NO Video Card found and no more Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition opens after restart.

Aggravated, I wipe my DELL Gaming PC Inspiron 5675 (not even 6 months old) back to Factory Settings (Fresh Out of the Box New) that comes with Radeon Crimson Version 17.7 - If I do not touch it - everything runs fine. If I update to ANY version after 17.7 I get all the error messages above.

Any idea what is going on??