Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lacrymas
Journeyman III

Mozilla and (some) Unity games crash my drivers

Hi, guys

I'm at my wits end with this problem and it's very strange. So, basically, I had to RMA my previous video card (RX460) and the new one I got has a weird problem I can't seem to fix. Mozilla Firefox crashes my video drivers (with or without hardware acceleration on) and I'm currently using Chrome (which doesn't crash). My drivers also crash almost immediately after playing some Unity games, namely Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2, and the recent Shadowruns (like Returns). I haven't tried other games using Unity, but maybe I should. I've tried basically everything, benchmarks are good, I've tried a lot of different drivers, updated all the drivers on my computer, even sent it to the shop to see if they can identify the problem (without RMA'ing this one too), but nope. Any ideas? If it was only Unity, I'd have choked it up to it being a *special* engine (as usual), but since it happens with Mozilla as well I'm kinda worried.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It turns out it crashes on Chrome as well, just not as frequently. I'm also testing it with Divinity: Original Sin 2 (I don't have many modern games to test it with) and it hasn't crashed yet.

Message was edited by: Noris Guetov

0 Likes
0 Replies