regwin

TDP : FreeSync vs G-Sync

Discussion created by regwin on Aug 7, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 10, 2018 by quant

Translated with DeepL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, there,

I wanted to know if for FreeSync technology, it's the AMD graphics card (and not the display) that does all the calculations and adjustments to avoid Tearing and Suttering.

On the other hand, Nvidia needs a module that needs to be implemented in the monitor, which is responsible for making calculations and adjustments to avoid suttering.

I have noticed that the TDP of the AMD Radeon RX 580 card is 180W and the Nvidia GTX 1060 card is 120W.

If we were to compare: RX 580 + FreeSync vs GTX 1060 + G-Sync = 180W vs 120W?!! = This is not true?

Shouldn't the TDP of the G-Sync module also be calculated, because as it is a hardware component it will have a consumption, and it should be added to the comparison, right?

Thank you very much

A greeting,

Hiroshi Richi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola,

Quería saber si para la tecnología FreeSync, es la tarjeta gráfica de AMD (y no la pantalla) la que realiza todo los cálculos y ajustes para evitar el Tearing y Suttering.

En cambio, por parte de Nvidia es necesario un modulo que necesita ser implementado en el monitor, el cual es el encargado de realizar los cálculos y ajustes para evitar el Suttering.

Me he fijado que el TDP de la tarjeta AMD Radeon RX 580 es de 180W y la tarjeta Nvidia GTX 1060 es de 120W.

Si comparásemos: RX 580 + FreeSync vs GTX 1060 + G-Sync = 180W vs 120W?!! = ¿Esto no es cierto verdad?

¿No se debería también calcular el TDP que tiene el modulo G-Sync?, ¿Porque al ser un componente hardware tendrá un consumo, y debería ser añadido a la comparación, no?

Muchas gracias

Un saludo,

Hiroshi Richi

Outcomes