10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2018 12:08 AM by upulnc

Gaming card together with Radeon Pro WX 5100

upulnc

Hi,

My son is going to build a new system. I bought a Radeon Pro WX 5100 card for him to run SolidWorks and alike. But he insist that he wants to play high end games like Need for Speed, FIFA also. I saw NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 and Quadro P600 both cards can run together as they both share same driver. Can anyone suggest a similar solution so that I can save the money spent on Radeon Pro WX 5100.

Thanks in advance

• Re: Gaming card together with Radeon Pro WX 5100
          jargon

If you intend on using AMD Crossfire for higher performance in games than with a single card, just remember that Crossfire compatibility and performance varies with each game, and that Crossfire performance is usually at most ~30% better than a single card.

The consumer counterpart of the WX 5100 is the RX 470 8GB. You should install the workstation drivers with the WX 5100 installed, then use the multi-driver feature to switch to the latest gaming drivers when you want to use the RX 470.

You shouldn't have very high expectations of the WX 5100's gaming performance though - the lack of a PCIe power supply connector means that it draws at most 75W from the motherboard's PCIe slot, and the cooling solution will be loud and probably inadequate when running intense gaming workloads.

1 of 1 people found this helpful