cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

leeboy4130
Newcomer

Trying to install 18.Q2.1 but 17.12 get installed instead

I have been having graphical issues with Solidworks for months and have been trying to figure out the correct driver. I noticed when I installed the latest enterprise driver, when installing it actually says 17.12. I am assuming this is an old driver and not what I want installed. I used the AMD uninstall software, used CCleaner, and deleted all the old driver folders in the C\AMD folder yet it is still grabbing 17.12. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I would also like the ability to swap between professional and gaming drivers.

Windows 10 64bit

4790K, 16GB ram

WX7100, Solidworks 2018 SP3.0

0 Likes
1 Reply

Try installing the Radeon Adrenaline Driver instead of the Enterprise driver and see if it makes a difference: Workstation .

Radeon™ Pro Software Adrenalin Edition473 MB18.7.17/10/2018*DOWNLOAD
Description:

The latest Radeon™ Pro Software Adrenalin Edition.

When you install the above software you need to activate or install the "DRIVER OPTIONS" from that software so that you will be able to switch from professional to gaming mode. This is the DRIVER OPTIONS GUIDE: https://www2.ati.com/relnotes/driver-options-user-guide.pdf

Copied from Guide:

OVERVIEW

The “Driver Options” feature will allow your professional workstation system to switch between professional mode and gaming mode. Your system can support up to two gaming drivers (Radeon™ Software for Radeon™ Pro drivers) and one professional driver (Radeon Pro Software) with a Microsoft Windows® 10 system configuration.

0 Likes