6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2018 8:15 PM by kingfish

Can't switch graphics in Sony Vaio laptop with AMD Radeon HD 7570M / HD 7670M and Intel HD Graphics 4000

raptorandy

Hey guys. I've been searching information about this problem and I've tried many solutions but I just can't make it work.

I have a Sony Vaio model: SVE14A27CXH

I have these two display adapters

displays.PNG

But it seems my computer never uses the AMD graphics. I have installed the updates for this graphic card directly from Vaio Update and I have Catalyst Control Center installed and I know I can configure the switchable graphics settings here by adding the aplication exe file and selecting High Performance as graphics setting.

sett.PNG

However, this doesn't seem to apply at all. I've checked a game or application's video setting after doing this, and I always see the Intel graphics card, not the AMD one.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers provided by Vaio and install the ones from AMD's website but I'm really confused about my graphics model being 7570M / 7670M. I've tried with the AMD Radeon Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products for HD 7000 series from here https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

But it actually gets worse because after installing and rebooting my computer I get a "No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly ".

This is my Catalyst Control Center Version

cat.PNG

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.