Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jakkapat
Journeyman III

Adrenalin won't output motherboad's DVI signal with dual monitors setup

So I built my own desktop earlier this year with this setup

• Ryzen 5 2400G
  • Asus Prime B350M-A -- BIOS ver. 4014 (the latest one)
  • Corsair 2*4GB 3200 run @ 2666
  • I shared 128MB dedicated memory for VGA
  • Window 10 Home 64 bit

I have dual monitors setup -- BenQ SW2270 via motherboard's DVI, and Dell U2413 via motherboard's HDMI (HDMI to DVI cable -- monitor seems to have some sleep mode issue with its HDMI port). I don't play any game, only use for internet browsing and Photoshop. I currently run it on Crimson Relive 17.7, which...well... 'occasionally' bugs, like youtube video freeze, screen glitch , pulsing signal (monitor lost and regain signal every 3 sec. but cured after restart) or BSOD (Video Scheduler Internal Error), but nothing more than that. Just annoying.

So I tried install Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 since it's newly released, but there a major issue; every time I tried install, when finished, no matter it was an express upgrade or clean install, the BenQ monitor which is connected via DVI port always never get any signal, I mean, Windows does recognized that there are two monitor (it kept extended monitor setup), but my monitor just show that it doesn't get signal and goes straight to sleep mode. Only if I physically disconnect HDMI cable, then it switch to single monitor setup and output DVI signal to the monitor. It works OK after rollback to ver. 17.7.

Before I post this question, I just tried install ver. 18.7.1, but it just exactly the same.

I did send a bug report months ago, but there's no reply, not even an automatic reply email. I don't know where to communicate to AMD other than this, so I hope AMD team would recognize this issue.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Issue (bug) Reports are a blind submission, no they don't respond to them, they are for reporting a problem. They only respond to opening Support Tickets, those are requests for interaction. The link is right on the contact us page: Email Form

These forums are USER to USER so nobody from the drivers team will likely see your issue here. But lots of us users like you, do our best to steer people in the correct direction.

Now AMD isn't responsible for supporting your product, the company you bought it from is, I believe you said it was an ASUS motherboard, so you you would contact their support.

0 Likes

Jesus...what a dilemma.

If I'm remember correctly, your link is where I sent them the report. I didn't sent it through Radeon setting software interface, because I rollback the driver first, and the Crimson version doesn't have report interface yet.

I expected AMD to reply, because prior to Adrenalin update, I reported about pulsing signal to Asus (it was after they launched new bios firmware, and Windows launched new build, at that time I thought it was related), and they did answer me, but it was just like what would you expect from online support; telling me to check the cable, use latest driver and blah blah blah. But at least, they answered something.

So I guess I have to report to Asus again. *sigh*

0 Likes

on a scale of 1 to 100% I have about a 35% success rate of AMD answering my support requests, and when they do they typically didn't really read what I wrote and answer the question with those same canned responses. Or I get an email saying they closed my support request because I didn't respond to their response, that I never got, and you can't respond to that email because it is not monitored, so again no way to contact. Most of the time I just never get a response. I can honestly say I have never gotten any real help from AMD. Now I have gotten great help from the USERS on this forum, so KUDOS to those that keep helping AMD's customers, the other users.  It really is crazy but unfortunately is the only avenue they give you for contact. So keep writing and pray for the best. I think companies these days just hope you shut up and go away.  For your future reference I have for years gotten great tech help over in the GURU3D_com forum and other similar sites. Some of those sites get way more foot traffic than this one. When I am in a real pinch I will ask a question a several places. The craziest thing of all though is that the ONLY COMPANY THAT OWES YOU SUPPORT IS THE COMPANY THAT SOLD THE PRODUCT. ASUS!

0 Likes