3 of 3 people found this helpful
This would probably be the best AMD Forum to find a previous AMD APP SDK coding: OpenCL .
If you are having problems posting Deepak is the best AMD Moderator to help you for this forum.
EDIT: FOUND THIS AT GITHUB WHERE YOU ARE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD PREVIOUS AMD APP SDK Packages: Releases · ghostlander/AMD-APP-SDK · GitHub
ghostlander released this on Jan 2
- 37.9 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8-lnx64.tar
- 39.5 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8.1-lnx64.tar
- 163 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8.1-Windows-64.7z
- 35.9 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx32.tar
- 46.1 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64.tar
- 101 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-Windows-32.7z
- 111 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-Windows-64.7z
- 39.7 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9.1-lnx32.tar.xz
- 50.4 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9.1-lnx64.tar.xz
- 98 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9.1-Windows-32.7z
- 107 MB AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9.1-Windows-64.7z
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
Thanks a lot. This really helped me
2 of 2 people found this helpful
First, you need to install a compatible driver for that HD 5000 series card. The driver can be downloaded from here: Download Drivers
Regarding the APP SDK version, I don't think it is a concern here because OpenCL support for GPUs comes with the driver itself. Whereas APP SDK package provides headers and libraries that are required for OpenCL development. APP SDK 3.0 can be used as well, however any OpenCL 2.0 sample will fail.
Please note that APP SDK is no longer officially supported. On Windows, one can use this lite SDK package available here: Releases · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK · GitHub
Thanks dipak. I didn't know that OpenCL support for GPUs comes from the driver.
I will install catalyst 15.9 and try it again. Thank you very much!!