Hey guys, having problems with monitor.
On any driver later than 18.2.1 (Eg. 18.5.1, 18.7.1) my main monitor (Kogan KALED24144F) turns itself off and on and allows me to see what is happening on the screen for about 3 seconds. The screen goes black, loses signal for a second, goes black again and then displays output only to go black and again and repeat the cycle. It makes it unusable. In a few previous drivers such as 18.2.1 my monitor does this when turned on, but works perfectly fine afterwards.
After trying to fix it myself I have already found a few things out
- It only happens whilst using Display-port, and changing the cable has not made a difference
- Monitor works fine on latest drivers when using HDMI or DVI.
- It only affects my main monitor which is 144HZ and has Free-sync
- Changing the Hz and Free-sync makes no difference.
- Doing a clean install of drivers and even windows doesn't fix it.
- This doesn't happen to my second monitor which runs off of HDMI
- Monitor works fine on Linux and using generic windows drivers
Haven't had the chance to try the monitor on another computer or GPU, so I don't know if it would make a difference.
Does anyone know how I can fix it?