Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thereaper
Journeyman III

Can't install Graphics Driver for RX480

Hi all,

I've got a Problem installing the AMD Driver Software on Windows 10 Build 1803.

I've upgraded a Friends System last Summer with a SSD and 2 Sticks of RAM.

Since that Upgrade Iive not been able to install a newer AMD Graphics Driver.

The whole System freezes at the Screen "Searching for Drivers", i can't even get to the Selection of the Conponents.

Here is the Hardware in Detail:

CPU: Intel Core I5 3450

Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4M

RAM: 4* 4GB Teamgroup DDR3 1600

GPU: PowerColor RX480 Red Devil

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB

PSU: Be quiet Straight Power 10 400W

In the mean Time I've swapped and tested the Hardware completely.

Here are the Swap Parts:

CPU: Intel Core I7 3770K

Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

RAM: 2* 8GB Gskill DDR3 1600

GPU: PowerColor RX580 Red Devil

SSD: Intenso 120GB

PSU: Enermax Platimax 500W

However the Problem persists.

The only time the Driver Install worked, was when i disconnected the SSD and used an already installed Windows 10 on a Samsung 1TB HDD Drive.

I've reinstalled Windows several times, but the Problem is still there.

SFC and Checkdisk show no errors, and also the Card works with the Adrenalin Driver 18.3.4 installed through the Device Manager.

The Card is otherwise completely stable, my Friend can Game for Hours with no Problem.

Do you have any Tips what else I can try to get the Driver installed, as of now I have no Radeon Software.

Kind Regards Robert

0 Likes
1 Reply

Your Motherboard has a very recent BIOS update. But it is BETA : ASRock > Z77 Extreme4-M

Beta BIOS

Please read below information

ASRock Beta version BIOS are designed for the users who are seeking to achieve the best performance out of their PCs such as gamers, overclocking lovers and PC enthusiasts. However, we don't recommend users to update BIOS while the system is running well. For any damages caused by improper operation of downloading or updating BIOS, ASRock assumes no responsibility. Before you download or update the BIOS, please read below " (How to Update)" carefully. After updating BIOS, all the settings will be reset to the default.
VersionDateSizeUpdate BIOS Under
/ How to Update
DescriptionDownload
[Beta] 1.902018/5/214.19MBInstant FlashHow to UpdateUpdate CPU Microcode Global China

It is a good chance updating the BIOS to the latest version might make your SSDs compatible with your motherboard. Otherwise, all other drivers for Windows 10 haven't been updated on your motherboard since at least 2016.

It is possible your SSD is not compatible with your Motherboard. But here is a very good link on how to get a SSD to work on a motherboard: Forum - [Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS  and thread from Asrock Forum where I found the above mentioned link: Z77 Extreme 4 NVME PCI-E SSD BOOTING! - ASRock Forums

0 Likes