2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2018 7:30 AM by djaylawrence

freesync flicker on g2460

fizzzy

Running a AOC g2460 144hz freesync monitor Rx 480 4gb 16 gb ram and a Ryzen 5 1600 turbo 3.7 ghz.  I bought this monitor a couple of months ago reading good reviews on amazon at the time.  I haven't noticed the flickering until a couple of days ago.  The driver I am using is Adrenalin 18.5.1.  Forgot to mention I only experience flickering in games such as Rainbow Six Siege, CSGO and Elder Scrolls online.  But I do not experience it in The Division and Overwatch. 

• Re: freesync flicker on g2460
          frostygrin

If you're not having an additional issue, flickering normally happens when you cross Freesync minimum limit. Though in your case it's more likely that you're exceeding the maximum - because the games you listed are less demanding than the games where you don't see flicker. Try turning Vsync on. If it doesn't help, try a frame limiter - limit the games to ~136 fps or so. Either FRTC or Chill in Radeon Settings or RTSS (comes with MSI Afterburner). Try to install the monitor driver, if available.

• Re: freesync flicker on g2460
              djaylawrence

I have this same issue in games, however I experience the flicker in other normal situations, like windows settings for example--and only when freesync is on. Running on an MSI mag27c and an RX 580, and have also run other freesync monitors. Has any one else observed the issue like I have?