6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2018 11:19 AM by elstaci

[Support Ticket Request] R5 1600 Segfaulting

spongemeleon

Hi,

This is more of an official support request than a question.

I am playing Rocket League on Solus OS with my R5 1600 and GTX 1080. The game will occasionally crash on me. I know this is a hardware issue because running "dmesg -r" in a terminal returns:

segfault at 0 ip 00000000005e348f sp 00007fffb07065b8 error 6 in RocketLeague[400000+2c5a000]

I am willing to provide a lot more info about my system, including physically taking out the cpu if necessary, but given that the official support link is broken I'd rather just submit this for now until I have to take my computer apart.

On a side note, as I mentioned I would have used the e-ticket process at the official link (Email Form), but firefox returns the following,

"The owner of emailcustomercare.amd.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this      website."

For now, I'd just appreciate some help on how to remedy this situation. I do believe this issue was fairly common among certain batches of these cpus but I can only speculate.

Thanks,

Joe