cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ayethe
Adept I

cant run 2 monitors on rx 580 with out 1 sec mouse and windows freezes

running a msi rx580 4 gig i had been running 2 monitors but in the last 2 or 3 weeks if i have the seconds monitor plugged in when you move the mouse it'll freeze the computer for a few seconds ive tried all the "mouse driver and program " fixes and they dont work ive looked into the monitors settings and them seem fine both 1080 1980 so its not having to put out 2 different resolutions both hdmi cables are good even tried a 3rd cable and a 3rd monitor in place of the second monitor and it still did it wondering if its an gpu driver problem

0 Likes
7 Replies
macupe
Journeyman III

I have a MSI RX580 8gb with the same issue... it never happened before so it must be the drivers

0 Likes
amplighter
Adept III

It would benefit your post if you gave others more information about your components. IE what type of mouse, what type of keyboard etc.. Reason I say this is because if both of these devices are gaming add-ons, both may require software in order to operate correctly. In this case, you Say You've updated the drivers etc. Have you recited those drivers also. My impression would be that either the keyboard or mouse or even both are attempting to load software while the system is losing, updating or scanning for any new updates. There could be conflicts within the system due to a mismatched driver or the driver is loading more than once. In other words, this may or may not be a video driver issue and it would be best to post this question within the manufatures keyboard/mouse support forums

0 Likes

I have and FX-8150 OC to 4.0 Ghz, 12gb DDR3 ramm,  2 HDD and 1 SDD (system), Win 10 64bits and a 700W Power supply.

My Keyboard is like a generic USB Microsoft one and my Mouse is a USB gaming wannabe (i don't know the name since it's kinda generic) with like 5 buttons and 2 leds.

There are several things to notice tho:

1) I didn't have this problem a month ago with the same specs, no new hardware.

2) I only have this problem with 2 monitor display, when i use one it's all good.

3) It's not only the mouse that has micro freezes, everything does, if i unplug it the issue still happens, same with keyboard and video reproduction

4) CPU/GPU usage is still low so it isn't like a virus or a process eating my computers' resources.

5) It has happened with last 2 drivers, i'm using 18.6.1 but it also happened with the none before  this, i already tried uninstalling correctly using the AMD clean up utility which i've used every time i update drivers.

7) I put both monitors in the same frequency (60hz) and same resolution following internet advice, didn't work.

0 Likes

There was a large thread on AMD Forum concerning this problem. Here is the thread: https://community.amd.com/message/2865712#comment-2865712?q=mouse%20freezes%20on%20second%20monitor

I had run into this issue before I ever saw these complaints a while back and figured it was something with the mouse driver. I never liked my mouse much so I bought a Razer and the problem disappeared. The old mouse was a Logitech. I would recommend that you see if your mouse driver has an update as I have seen for some that simply updating the driver has fixed it. I have also seen where uninstalling the mouse drivers and using the default windows driver fixes it. But you lose the customization for your gaming mouse if you are using one. Just seams to vary from mouse to mouse maker to maker and driver to driver.  Good luck!

0 Likes
mthurston
Journeyman III

Go to display options.

If you are turning one monitor off that isn't being used disable it in options.

I had this issue yesterday and found that when both monitors were on the pause went away.  But when you turned one off, it came back.

I also turned off HDML in the card settings but unclear if that is an issue.

0 Likes

its still broken wether or not the second monitor is on or off all it has to be is plugged into the gpu

0 Likes