cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dlwmacgregor
Adept II

2 different GPUs in the same PC at the same time?

Is is possible to use an HD6450 and an RX-580 in the same PC at the same time?

Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies

That is a pretty vague question. To what end? What are you trying to do? One of those cards is a legacy card and no longer supported under new drivers, so why would you want to?

0 Likes

Sounds pretty specific to me.

This is not for me it is for someone else on another  forum (tomshardware) who has 2 cards and is using the RX-580 and 2 of its HDMI ports for 2 of his monitors and has a 3rd VGA monitor and wanted to know if he could use the HD6450 in his PC at the same time.

I found out the answer and told him to use an active DVI to VGA converter cable from his RX-580 and that the HD6450 would not work at the same time because of the drivers.

I am a 30-year tech support person myself but I had never come across this particular issue.

0 Likes

Glad your found your answer.

Specific would have been I want to use the card to drive another monitor.

That RX 580 is very capable of driving all 3 monitors by itself and adding a second card would be pointless IMHO  just to add a third monitor especially being a legacy card with no current drivers. I would recommend to that someone else to get the correct Display port or HDMI to VGA adaptor depending on the other 2 connections being used.

Good luck.

0 Likes

Apparently he is using the 2 HDMI ports and wants to use his other GPU for his VGA monitor.

Use 2 AMD cards - Graphics Cards - Tom's Hardware

I recommended that he buy an active adapter converter.

Thanks for the input.

0 Likes