cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jessepcgamer73
Journeyman III

Do i need to update motherboard drivers for ryzen 3 2200g if im using a discrete graphics card for video out and not on the motherboard?

fSo im getting the parts together for my first ever gaming system and i purchased the AMD Ryzen 3 2200g from amazon and im using a MSI 3350m gaming pro but im getting the 2200g for better performance then the 1200 and not the integrated graphics. Im gonna be using an evga gtx 750ti for graphics and i have seen videos of it not working on b350 motherboards were it wouldnt post.

all im wondering is if i can put in a discrete gpu for video out and not have to get a boot kit  or update the bios.

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

jessepcgamer,  the question that needs to be answered is whether your 2200g needs a boot kit with the BIOS/UEFI that comes with the board.  I suggest you call MSI and ask them.  Hopefully they can make you feel good that your CPU comes with a boot-able BIOS/UEFI.  If not you will need a boot kit.  You should be able to boot into the on-board video or your evga gtx 750ti.  Discrete video card should make no difference if all parts are  good.  Please be sure to use a power supply estimator like on Newegg.  Way too many users build systems with too small a power supply.  Have fun and enjoy, John.

0 Likes