AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ryzen 2200G Driver crashes

Question asked by dragonoob44 on Jun 19, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 by dragonoob44

So, the 2200G is good when it works, it has clock throttling issues but I can live with a few fps drops. My biggest problem is that it crashes.

Now with the previous driver these crashes meant a black screen, and then after a few seconds the whole pc would freeze, after checking the minidump it stated it was a driver issue, something about being stuck in an infinite loop or whatever. I thought no problem, maybe the next driver will fix it.

Now that I have the new driver the problem is nearly the same, now the screen goes black randomly (sometimes not a single time in days, sometimes every few hours) but the pc never freezes, the last time I was listening to youtube for 10 minutes straight after it went black, everything was working, except the display. It was not reacting to any button combination.

Anything I could do? This is not something I could send back my mobo or apu for to change it for something new, it's too random and whatnot, but there are many situations when such a freeze could be very very bad, and nothing seems to indicate that it'll be fixed any time soon by driver updates.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Ryzen 2200G APU
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
  • Display Devices
    • LGW2242BP 22" hdmi-dvi cable
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • GIGABYTE A320M-S2H-CF, Bios Version F22
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 2200G APU
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • E.g. NPOWER 500W
  • RAM
    • 2x8GB 2400mhz

EDIT: Updated to the newest BIOS and it still didn't solve the problem at all. However pressing Win+Shift+Ctrl+B restarts the driver and solves the problem without need to reboot the pc.

Outcomes