6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2018 2:35 PM by elstaci

Amd-V on ryzen3?

searching1

Hi,

Im using ryzen3 and i would like to ask how to enable amdv? Not sure if theres other term, Im new with this cpu.

I enabled sdm under mit>advance cpu like most of the comments, but when i try to enable the “intelv/amdv” option on my vmware it is greyout means Virtualization is not enable.

Thank you

• Re: Amd-V on ryzen3?
          misterj

searching1, I assume you are talking about SVM (Secure Virtual Machine).  Please open your UEFI - Advanced - Processor Settings and enable SVM.  I have an ASRock MB and use it to run Hyper-V.  Your names may be a little different.  If you have more questions, please post your system specifications.  Enjoy, John.

searching1

Hi Misterj, Thank for your response....

Mistyped SVM, I have enabled SVM (Under MIT tab, then Advanced Frequency Settings and then Advanced Core settings). But still on my vmware workstation "IntelV/amdV checkbox option is greyout. 

misterj

searching1, that sounds like the correct settings, but you gave no more information on your system.  If you are running W10, then I suggest you try Hyper-V.  It has been some time since I used VMware but at the time it had a utility that examined these settings and let you know what was needed.SVM.jpg

If you are not running W10, I probably cannot help, since I know almost nothing about Linux.  Check your task manager, as above.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I suggest you post on the VMware forums.