cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

boscar
Adept II

Why driver testing on Intel rigs and not AMD

Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of June 12, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon RX Vega 56, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700X CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64.

Why are AMD drivers always tested on an Intel test rig and not an AMD. I find this rather strange, AMD wants us to believe in their products yet they themself dsont use their products for testing other than their graphic cards.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Because until last year AMD CPUs didn't allow AMD GPUs to reach their full potential, and they keep using the 7700K because it is 20% faster per core than even the 2700X which eliminates any potential CPU bottleneck.

0 Likes

true or not it doesn't compel the customer coming to the amd page for the first time or even someone that knows their way around both computers and\or the internet to purchase an AMD product. All im saying is although i appreciate the honesty we should probably just test on AMD systems and not disclose the fact that ppl can expect even better performance on competitor platforms. Then if they happen to notice better performance than is found on the AMD page its a nice surprise and the customer is even more likely to leave a good review or make repeat purchases. Putting it right there on the front page for the customer to see and rethink any purchase they may or may not be there make seems like a bad move. Granted Im not an expert or anything but I think my version is a better scenario and an easy fix on AMD's part and hopefully they see this.