Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cheexc76is
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 1600 Poor Performance Gaming

Hello,

I recently built a PC and I've been having some FPS issues only in League of Legends.

My system is:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU

Corsair H100i GTX CPU Water Cooler

Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero (Wifi AC) Motherboard

Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce OC 8GB GPU

Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4

Corsair RM850 850 Watt PSU

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Asus PB277Q 1440p 75HZ Monitor    

I used to have a i7 4890k and GTX 1070, it performed well. But I needed more performance in other games so I built a new PC. I purchased a 1080 with the new Ryzen 5 1600 to try to get better frames in all games, I do get frames I should be getting in all the games I play (I think) except for League of Legends. League of Legends gets about 100 FPS when set to uncapped and goes as low as 40 when I get into big fights, I used to get 300 FPS and would maintain higher than 100 in big fights with my old PC. I get the same FPS no matter what my in game settings are (low quality or ultra quality.) So far, I've tried tweaking League in all sorts of ways to make it perform better but no change.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The 4790K is faster per core at stock speeds, and LoL is essentially a two-thread program.  Best bet is to check the LoL forums, that rig is as overkill to LoL as a Ferrari is to  a 25mph limited road, and there are plenty of threads of people with FPS problems.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

The 4790K is faster per core at stock speeds, and LoL is essentially a two-thread program.  Best bet is to check the LoL forums, that rig is as overkill to LoL as a Ferrari is to  a 25mph limited road, and there are plenty of threads of people with FPS problems.

0 Likes