8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 7:06 PM by dido_smoke

Gigabite RX 580 8GB - solution for crash/auto-restart PC

dido_smoke

hello there,

so i have been reading around to solve this issue, it seems that it is a common problem that have no REAL fix yet, at least as far as i saw, sadly i didnt do my research before buying this card,,

so here is the issue:

with standard updated software and drivers, the PC restarts when playing games at full screen (it happens at window mode as well but not as frequent), the game i play is pro evolution soccer 2018, this didn't happen with my old R9 270, it started happening with the new one (rx 580).

what i tried so far:

- tried a variety of radeon drivers starting with an old version (17.12.1) to the latest version 18.6.1 (currently installed), tried update and clean install using radeon driver removal tool.

- updated my asus mother board to the latest bios version

- spent days changing settings in the radeon software and watmann and tried what many have advised regarding this issue

- tried this card with windows 7, windows 10 (windows update active and updated), and now im running windows 10 (without windows update) - so its not a windows problem

- changed HDMI cable, changed card PCIe slot, reduced ram, tried other screens, tried multiple operating systems, tried everything i could think of.

my PC specs:

- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz

- GPU - Radeon RX 580 (gigabite) 8GB

- Motherboard: Asus P9X79

- Memory: 32 GB DDR3 (1600 MHz)

- 24" LG screen (24EA53)

- SSD samsung drive for system (with HD 3TB on the side)

- Corsair PSU 750 watts, 8 case built-in fans

- windows 10 64bit

any solutions or advice guys? or do we need to switch away from radeon and get it over with?

cheers