cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chad52
Journeyman III

Vega 64 cards will not run stable after reboot

I have 4 ASUS Vega 64 cards on an Asrock H110 motherboard.  Initially on install of the cards, Windows 10 sees the cards, and assigns the MS basic VGA drivers to them.  So then I go to install drivers.  I have worked with 18.5.1, 18.5.2 and 18.6.1.  I can install the drivers and everything works correctly after install.  The machine will run stable indefinitely until I turn it off.  After I reboot the machine, Windows comes up and looks to be stable for 10-15 seconds, then 1 or more of the cards will ramp up the fans to high speed, and the machine will no longer respond.  I will not be able to access any settings or even do a normal re-boot.  The only option will be to perform a hard shut down.  This is repeatable every single time, so re-booting this computer is a nightmare.  TO correct the situation, I have to reboot, then before the cards have a chance to ramp up the fans, I restart into Safe Mode and use DDU to uninstall the drivers. Then I start the process over again of installing the drivers, which will work, and the cards are stable once again.  This happens every single time.  I should not have to re-install drivers just in order to re-boot.  The process of re-booting seems to put the cards into an abnormal state and I can't get out of it.

Does anybody have any idea on what I can do in order to make this Windows 10 box reboot stable and not kick into high speed and lock up?  Any ideas what is causing this?

Chad

0 Likes
0 Replies