Hi. First of all, thanks for reading this.
I got a really strange situation going on my MSI - Radeon HD 6770. I was using my PC normally with no issue at all a few days ago. The next day, when I've turned on my PC, my monitor didn't show no video signal. Ok, sometimes my PC does that sometimes since a couple years ago, it's a motherboard ram slot issue, the ram stick get a little loose and I have to remove it and put back. It worked every time except this day. Even with no video signal, my PC turns on normally. When I'd removed my graphics card and plug my cable on the onboard, it worked, I got video signal. But, every time I put my graphics card, no video signal comes from either VGA out.
Since this day, I've tried everything from what I know and from searching but northing works. My PC shows my graphics card on device manager as normally do or sometimes as "standard VGA adapter" and the fans spins like they normally do.
List for what I've tried so far:
- Cleaning the graphics card, PCI-E slot, unplug and plug again.
- Plug the video cable in other monitor, cable check.
- Reset bios by removing the battery and putting back again
- Download DDU, boot in safe mode to remove the drivers and try to install again.
- Install normal and beta drivers from AMD site and from drivers update software. When I try, a log come back with the "Fail: Driver Install: a supplied parameter is not valid" error.
- Install another Windows 7 and try everything in this list.
My setup it's pretty old tho. It's been 5 years and a half since I bought it as new. I know it's probably a hardware issue but it doesn't make much sense at all as my graphics card didn't show any issue beforehand, any failure signal, video issues, flickering neither game performance issues. Just stoped sending video signal and accepting driver installation.
If it had just completely stops(no video, fans or signal) I will buy another one, but I don't wanna do this until I make sure It's not possible to fix.
If anyone knows how to fix this issue or something to help, I'll be much appreciate.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
Processor: AMD Phenom X4
Ram: 2x 4GB Cosair Predator
PSU: Cosair 600w
HDD: 2TB western digital
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit