cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

darthfk
Journeyman III

Atiwinflash post April 2018 update?

Any chance for an updated version for AtiWinflash working after April 2018 Windows update guys? Mine just doesn't start be it with CMD, Run as Administrator, safemode - regardless.

0 Likes
1 Solution
okuma_10
Adept II

I just found out a thread on techPowerUP's forum, where he said that Gygabite had an already working atiwinflash version for windows 10. The guy had uploaded the version to mega.I tested it and was able to successfully mod my bios.But when I went back to look for the link and post it here,it would appear that TechPowerUp,already posted a new version, here is the link:

Download AMD/ATI ATIFlash | TechPowerUp

View solution in original post

8 Replies

This website has a newer version than ATI Winflash called AMD/ATI ATIFLASH: Download AMD/ATI ATIFlash | TechPowerUp

I think he is referring to the fact that after the April Windows 10 update, AtiFlash does not start the win GUI nor CMD.

A lot of people are complaning of this.The only solution I found(but not had used) is :

To install an older windows version and flash your BIOS that way.Because people with this problem who installed a previous Win version,or previous Win 10 build said their atiWinFlash works

The OPS mentioned the old name plus he didn't mention the version, So I presumed he had a much older version than the one I linked. but thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't aware Users were having that issue until now.

Has anyone tried in Compatibility Mode and/or in Elevated Rights?  Could be a Windows Permission problem and running it as Admin Rights allow the proper permissions.

EDIT: downloaded version 2.74 and couldn't get it to work. Used Elevated Rights and all Compatibility Mode configuration. ATIFLASH will just show a Command Prompt window for a few seconds then shut off. ATIWINFLASH wouldn't even show up.

Tried running it in Safe mode, wouldn't run.

Also doesn't work in a Pre-linux environment like Ubuntu 16.04 from a CD.

0 Likes

Interestingly, a post from 2014, ATIflash - AtiWinflash inquiry

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Interesting...however does not solve the issue.

AMD is not responsible for the software, yet they do benefit from it,as all Radeon RX480,RX570,RX580 that are used for mining can have better hash rates with a BIOS flash.Thus some part of the profits AMD is getting is due to a free software made by someone else. I think ,considering the impact mining has done to VGA sales, it is reasonable,if not out right smart to make sure this huge user base is satisfied.Because let's face it,a happy gamer user will continue using the VGA,while a happy mining user will not only continue to use it but will go and buy another one,and then another one,and so on.

AMD should at least poke a bit the guys at tech power up.If not actually make a bios flash option in their own driver software...just as they did with the WattMan.

0 Likes

True, I am sure that the creator's of ATI/AMD FLASH are probably working feverishly in trying to get a new version that is compatible with Windows 1803. That software brings a lot of traffic to GPU-Z  website by Users/Miners looking for vBIOSes for their GPU. What is the use of downloading a vBIOS if you can't install it on your GPU because there isn't any utility to burn it.

Every time Windows upgrades its version every six months, it basically breaks many drivers and software. That is why you need to update all drivers and software after upgrading to the new version of WIndows. Sometime Manufacturers use the Beta versions to try out their drivers/software to see if it works correctly. But can't really put it out until the final version is made public.

0 Likes
okuma_10
Adept II

I just found out a thread on techPowerUP's forum, where he said that Gygabite had an already working atiwinflash version for windows 10. The guy had uploaded the version to mega.I tested it and was able to successfully mod my bios.But when I went back to look for the link and post it here,it would appear that TechPowerUp,already posted a new version, here is the link:

Download AMD/ATI ATIFlash | TechPowerUp

just to let you know guys I found out a way to successfully flash the bios without using the gui tool. Just use the command line to acomplish that.

Under the atiwinflash directory you can find atiFlash.exe, and execute the following command: atiFlash.exe -f -p <adapterId> bios.rom

where -f is needed to force the flashing, -p to select the target gpu and bios.rom refers to the new bios file you want to use.

Make sure you are running the cmd as admin.

Hope it helps!

German.

0 Likes