I have recently purchased the motherboard, RAM and CPU and I have a problem with the PC shutting down while gaming, streaming in OBS or both. The system is only stable if everything is on stock settings and if I enable XMP profile the PC randomly crashes during gaming and/or streaming. When the PC shuts off the LEDs on the motherboard continue glowing and I have to turn off and on the PSU to be able to turn it back on, otherwise the power button on the case and I/O panel don't do anything. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the CPU or the motherboard?
Solutions I've tried:
- remounting CPU cooler
- trying with different RAM: G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GTZR - unstable at any ram speed except 2133MHz, G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GVGB also unstable at any speed except 2133MHz.
- different GPU
- different PSU, Seasonic SS-520GB
- unplugged every HDD except Samsung 850 EVO with Windows 10 64bit
- installed original Windows 10 64bit on Kingston SSD
- tried flashing all available BIOSes
- tried SOC up to 1.25v and DRAM voltage up to 1.5v
Temps while under load:
GPU: about 85c
CPU: about 65c
CPU: Ryzen 2700X
MBO: Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI
RAM: G.SKILL F4-3400C16D-16GSXW
GPU: INNO3D iChill Geforce GTX 1080Ti X3
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Platinum
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C
CPU heatsink: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
OS: Windows 10
BIOS version: F4g
It seems both my new and old Seasonic PSUs are faulty or incompatible with the new system, once I put Corsairs HX620 everything started working properly. I will send both PSUs to RMA and try them in the system again when they return.