cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mpooley
Adept I

Has anyone else got error against all 8 processor cores in device manager?

I have had My new Motherboard ,Ram and Ryzen 2700x for a couple of weeks and have been having a few slowdowns, freezes and crashes. Not many but too many !

I noticed today thet in device manager I have errors against all 8 cores.

with the message "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternative driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)"

I've looked for new drivers, uninstalled and re-installed but have had no luck

I Have updated the BIOS to latest version F2

My Motherboard is a

GigabyteGigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.

Model X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF (AM4)

could anyone who has a Ryzen have a look in device manager to see if they have the same please?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I did a "Repair Install" Of windows and that has fixed the problem thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

mpooley, please tell us more about your system.  What OS are you running and where did you get it?  If it is not a fresh install please do a fresh install!  Please post a screenshot of the error messages.  Where did you get your chip set drivers?  If not at the AMD Driver support site, please do.  I have seen no such errors, ever.  Enjoy, John.

Thanks

I am running win10 pro

I got my drivers from AMD

It isn't a fresh install so I could try that.

0 Likes

Thanks, mpooley.  This is a common error (save a few minutes, put up with unpredictable errors), and one of the most egregious.  Please let us hear and ask if you need help.  If you open a command prompt and type winver, you will see the complete info on your system.  I really would like to see you error messages.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Edit

I thought about it a bit more and I don't think I did get my drivers from AMD I think the windows installer got them for me.

Well I just tried the AMD site.

The autodetect drivers didn't work and couldn't find any CPU drivers.

I've included the info you asked for thanks

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

0 Likes

Thanks, mpooley.  Did you install a fresh copy of W10?  If not, please do.  As far as I know, you will not find CPU drivers.  Use the "Manually Select Your Driver" and select Chipsets.  Also get your video driver here, manually, if using AMD video card.  Please let us hear.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I did a "Repair Install" Of windows and that has fixed the problem thanks

0 Likes