10 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2018 8:39 PM by promete024

GPU Name Changed After Driver Update - R9 M256 + Black Screen On Driver Install

promete024

My laptop is Toshiba Satellite with Windows 10, graphics amd radeon r9 m200 but after i install the update from Windows, Redstone, it changed. Now my graphics say amd radeon r9 m256 and i can't install the catalyst control center because i get a black screen or it freezes and i can't use my laptop before shutdown pressing the button of power.

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: I can't install drivers
          kingfish

Please furnish some more information > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

• Re: I can't install drivers
              promete024

It's all, when i installed Windows 10 Redstone Versión, my laptop change the graphics from amd radeon r9 m200 series to amd radeon r9 m256 series and from 2.40GHz change to 2.50GHz.

Details about my laptop:

1.- Toshiba Satellite P55-B5206SL

2.- Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz  2.50GHz   (before it said 2.40GHz  2.40GHz)

3.- 12.0 Gb Ram

4.- Windows 10 x64 Bits

5.- AMD Radeon R9 M256 Series (before it said AMD Radeon R9 M200 Series)

6.- Intel HD Graphics 4600

Before i installed the last update i was using Catalyst control center 14.1 and it was working perfect, but i did a clean installation because i got my hard drive disk full. When it finished i got problems with the drivers, firstly i tried to install the auto detect driver but it freeze the screen, then i tried installing the last versión of catalyst because these day i was looking for catalyst 14.1 but amd in mantainence but after the mantainence it disappear. I decided to install the driver in secure mode, but i can't, then i tried installing in the secure mode with network, i can't too because it said that it couldn't start the aplication to detect the graphics. Now i can't install anything related to amd because or it freeze or it get black screen. Sometimes when i try to install catalyst it says thats have problems to install. After that, i couldn't do anything because it freeze 10 minutes later, so i decided to install the drivers from Toshiba (Drivers & Software Support | Toshiba) and nothing seemed to work, i was thinking about what to do, the last thing i did was update the BIOS from 1.20 to 1.50, and it worked, my laptop stop freezing 10 minutos after turn on, but i couldn't install the drivers.