I need some help... here's my new build specs:
Ryzen 7 2700x with Wrath Prism Cooler
ASUS Prime x470-Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 2x8gb 3200mhz DDR4 ram (NOT ON ASUS QVL)
G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZR 2x8gb 3200mhz DDR4 ram (ON ASUS QVL)
EVGA Supernova G2 650w
Nvidia GTX 780 3gb
At first, I ordered the Corsair RAM without looking at the QVL (my bad!) ... I contacted Asus Tech Support who told me to stick with QVL'd RAM. I then got the G-Skill kit that is on the list.
I don't have any picture on boot in both cases. Here is what I tried:
- Tried both DVI ports on my GPU. Tried to connect from 4 different monitors with 2 different HDMI cables, including a cable that does 4K on my PS4 pro. 3 PC monitors + My 58" Samsung 4K TV ... The port takes HDMI 1.4b (tried HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 ports)
- Tried to remove the CMOS + reset the jumper by putting a screwdriver between the pins located under the SATA ports
- Tried with my GPU, with HDMI and both DVI ports
- With both RAM sets, I tried including RAM one by one on the motherboard, from the B2 and A2 ports only
I can't make it work.
Everything is properly plugged in:
-Both PSU cables for the motherboard (8-pin + 24-pin, or is it 20?)
-All fans connected (front, CPU, back)
-2 SSD + 1 hybrid connected to PSU + SATA ports
-All front panel cables properly connected
Everything looks beautiful, the LEDs on the motherboard + CPU fan and RAM light up with multi-colors... all the fans turn fine including PSU...
The keyboard lights up too... but nothing on screen!
Where's what I am wondering about...
- It is possible my motherboard is DOA? - It does have all the pretty lights working though and everything plugged on it is powered
- Is there a compatibility issue somehow between my CPU and motherboard? - I thought X470 is supposed to support Ryzen 2nd gen out-of-the-box
- Does first BIOS setup only work from the DisplayPort? I haven't tested it because I don't have a cable. - I really doubt this though...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!