Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

infinice
Journeyman III

will ryzen 5 2400G run 1440p

Hi-

I'm a non-gamer looking to run a 1440p monitor without buying a (crypto-mining price inflated!) discrete gpu. The Ryzen 5 2400 looks hopeful, but i cannot determine whether it's up the task or not (umpteen reviews, but *nobody* spells it out, yay or nay).

My apologies this is idiot noob question, but i gotta ask... can it? Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

Ignorant Canuck.

0 Likes
3 Replies
infinice
Journeyman III

This isn't a reply- it's a postscript/second question (I couldn't find how to edit posts- frankly AMD's chosen forum sofware is a mess).

My question is:does ryzen 5 2400G support FreeSync?

0 Likes
neon
Miniboss

Some of the review articles of the Ryzen 5 2400G indicate that it can run a 1440p monitor. The gaming benchmarks seem to indicate that game settings may need to be set at low to medium in order to obtain satisfactory performance. If you are not gaming, then it should just run the monitor ok. FreeSync is supported, according to AMD's specifications list.

0 Likes

Please forward if necessary... Dear Neon-I appreciate the info! But you raise enough doubt that i'm shelving my project, as i'm just too unsure of driving a 1440p monitor at over 75Hz refresh rates using AMD built-in graphics.Infinice PS: i looked for reply button but couldn't find one. Gotta say- i've seen better designed forum software....

0 Likes