Heya Amd Community!
Gpu: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB DDR5
CPU: Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU@ 4.00GHz 4.00GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H170 Gaming3
Ram: 16,0 GB
Windows: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Version: 1803 spring update.
There is a big problem with 18.4.1 amd driver........ i have Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB DDR5 Graphics card.
I installed the 1803 Windows 10 spring update, and updated Radeon Driver 18.2.1 to 18.4.1. (Very bad idea)
After the GPU i'ts going to unstable, lot of times i got a black screen randomly, sometimes i got white, or blue screen.The black screen appears before bios splash screen too.....unbeliveable.
I can't do nothing, only if i place another gpu in another pci-e slot.
I tryed different things since 1 week non stop repairing like:
1. Reroll to 1709 windows update and install 18.2.1 radeon driver ...The black screen still going randomly.
2. Using Display Driver uninstaller and clear all amd driver in safe mode...... Fail
3. Using Catalyst uninstall untility......Fail
3. Updated all of the things like: Bios, Chipset, ...... Fail
4. In Device manager uninstalled the driver....Fail
5. I Placed other Pci-e device: my old radeon 4870 card, and geforce 8600gt card... they are working perfectly (Boot, and the Windows running perfectly) .
6. Reinstalled the windows 10 nearly 15 times.... Fail
7. Clearing CMOS, Replace Bios Battery....Fail
8. Registry cleaning, repairing.... Fail
9. Unplug and plug AC adapter, unplug and plug PCI-e slots.
My GPU working like a charm since 2012 until now. i bought nearly 400 euro :'(.
Only 1 thing can fix the bios and windows black screen:
First of all you need to download in amd site the newest driver save and extract 18.4.1 driver to this path C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.4.1-Apr26
Uninstall the Radeon driver with DDU in safe mode, and after boot from another GPU, go to safe mode again, and update manualy the Radeon driver in the Device Manager. search this path - >C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.4.1-Apr26
And WOOOOOOOOOW my Radeon card working perfectly near 15-20 min, after i got again black screen, crash.... : (
Since 1 week i can't play any game with my HD 7970 card.... i'm so sad, and confused.
I hoping to get fixed ASAP. :' (