5 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2018 6:27 AM by goodplay

Updating RX Vega M drivers to 18.2.1

joseph375

Hello, I was posting on this forum because recently I purchases a Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, when I attempted to update the drivers for the GPU from 17.40.etc. to 18.2.1 the software does one of two things (regardless of express or custom install):

A:  The software crashes and restarts.

or

B: the software shows a circle like its attempting to update, then returns to the initial screen with no update applied.

I have also attempted to uninstall and reinstall the software, factory reset the system, and search for the drive on AMD's website with no resolve.

• Re: Updating RX Vega M drivers to 18.2.1
          goodplay

Download from Intel ?

• Re: Updating RX Vega M drivers to 18.2.1
            joseph375

Describe your system:

• Graphics Card
              • Radeon RX Vega M GL
            • Laptop System
              • Dell XPS 15" 2 in 1
            • Operating System
              • Windows 10 home 64bit
            • Driver version installed
              • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.40.1034.1004-171219a-322262C
            • Display Devices
              • 15.6" 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge Anti-Reflective Touch Display
            • Motherboard + Bios Revision
              • N/A, 1.1.1
            • CPU/APU
              • 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8705G Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz)
            • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
              • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
            • RAM
              • 16GB

Describe your issue:

To repeat myself, but with the information of the computer itself added:

"Hello, I was posting on this forum because recently I purchases a Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, when I attempted to update the drivers for the GPU from 17.40.1034.1004-171219a-322262C to 18.2.1 the software does one of two things (regardless of express or custom install):

A:  The software crashes and restarts.

or

B: the software shows a circle like its attempting to update, then returns to the initial screen with no update applied.

I have also attempted to uninstall and reinstall the software, factory reset the system, and search for the drive on AMD's website with no resolve."

• Details about applications/games affected (including version number) : no games are affected.
            • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings): no graphic settings are affected
            • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue: Images are referenced in the initial post. please refer to the post above.

If you require any other information, I am willing to provide.

also it is worth noting that I know how to use Radeon Settings because I have a RX580 XTR as well, and have no issues updating it on my desktop.