Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

al_amd
Journeyman III

2400g driver patches

Hi,

I have been having some problems with my 2400g.   Most of them went away when I was able to install the xorg-x11-drv-ampgu (AMD GPU video driver, verison 18.0.1).  I have two remaining issues.  It still can hang.  The message is

May 15 06:49:32 localhost.localdomain kernel: [drm:amdgpu_job_timedout [amdgpu]] *ERROR* ring sdma0 timeout, last signaled seq=279832, last emitted seq=279835

May 15 06:49:32 localhost.localdomain kernel: [drm] IP block:psp is hung!

May 15 06:49:32 localhost.localdomain kernel: [drm] GPU recovery disabled.

Are there any more patches available or is there a way to "enable the gpu recovery?  I am using fedora 27, Kernel Linux 4.16.7-200.fc27.x86_64 x86_64.

The other is with an application to save part of the screen to a file (I assume through the frame buffer).  The application is part of the imagemagick package called "import".  The attached image illustrates residual lines where the selection box momentarily stopped before the final selection was made.  I have not seen this behavior on any other system using imagemagic, other distros or graphic hardware (graphic cards or on-board motherboard graphics).  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

xx.gif

0 Likes
0 Replies