AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ryzen 5 2600X high tempertures

Question asked by seth22 on May 14, 2018
Latest reply on May 2, 2019 by jhonc10

Hi

I just bought Ryzen 5 2600X and Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming motherboard. And after putting it together, I got bit worried about temperatures. On idle, I am around 40C, jumping up to 50C. But trying to stress test it, by using Aida64, my temperatures went up all the way between 85-95C at around 3,9Ghz. I did turn on all CPU and RAM related test, except hard drives and GPU. Not sure if this is normal or not, so I decided to ask. Especially since Ryzen didn't feel like dropping frequency any further. Also a bit weird to me is that on idle, Ryzen master reports up to 1.45V mostly stays at 1.425V. Seems bit high to me, considering results I saw online. I am using stock Wriath Spire cooler, with thermal paste that was pre-applied to it. Other than that system starts fine and works, I had no stability issues even when stress testing. So I am just curious if that is normal and what are safe temperatures?

As for case, it is GX200 from Antec. I only have one out take fan in back that came with case, no intake fans. But even if I open sidepanel, temperatures seem to stay about same. And applying cooler to it went pretty much smoothly, I didn't do any re-applying, so there should be no issue with paste. Maybe I am just paranoid, but this is first time I did replace CPU and motherboard. Also my case gets pretty hot at top, not too hot to hold your hand there, but pretty hot still.

Also gaming wise, I am at about 70C. I tested it with an hour of FF15 and AC Origins, two most CPU demanding games I could think of in my library. Maybe I am overthinking this.

P.S. I didn't do any overclocking, it is all stock and XFR.

Outcomes