Video card and driver unusable after Windows update 1803 build 17134.48 [SOLVED]
See PDF attached for screenshots.
After Windows 10 x64 updated itself to version 1803 build 17134.48, AMD driver stoped working and my video card is not recognized by Windows. Here is how I solved it, perhaps someone else have the same problem.
- After Windows 10 x64 updated itself to version 1803 build 17134.48, AMD driver stoped working.
- My video card is Sapphire AMD Radeon R7 370 (2Gb).
- I tried to reinstall the latest AMD driver and no effect. When I try to manually start RADEON SETTINGS I get the following error message:
"The procedure entry point ?getActivationProperty@Runtime@QV4 ..."
- I go ahead for a clean reinstall. Removed all AMD software with AMDCleanupUtility.exe located on c:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.4.1-Apr26\Bin64\AMDCleanupUtility.exe
and proceeded to CLEAN install AMD driver from the latest package: v.18.4.1.
- After installation I got the following message: Radeon Software (18.4.1) has not been installed. General error during package installation.
- I checked how my video card is seen in GPU-Z and CPU-Z and I had surprise to see is not recognized at all.
- At this point I realized is because of Windows device manager, not because AMD driver. I opened Device Manager and I see my video card is listed as “Unknown device”.
- Right-click on it > Uninstall device and then hit “Scan for hardware changes” icon. Ta-daaa, my video card appeared where it should be: AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series
- At this point I reinstalled the video driver again and everything worked great. Problem solved.