cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ninja2k
Journeyman III

Dedicated graphics card not working

I have an Acer Aspire E5-522G laptop with an AMD A6-7310 APU with Radeon R4 Graphics and an R5 M335 Dedicated Graphics. My dedicated graphics card isnt working and I know this because dxdiag is showing "AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics" but my device manager is saying that it is detected. I have tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling old ones but still to no avail. Help? Also I have tried disabling the integrated graphics but then it just switched to the crappy microsoft basic drivers.

Edit to add more info

0 Likes
1 Reply

Dxdiag is going to show you the default graphics...R4. If the Device Manager shows the M335 is present (and not the Microsoft basic adapter) then there is nothing wrong. The discrete graphics will only work under high stress and this is assuming you have the computer power plan set to 'Performance' (not 'balanced') and you have assigned the high performance graphics to the particular application/game. Use the monitor to check which graphics are being used...described here > Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

0 Likes