cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brandondimop
Journeyman III

video hardware error after driver update

Ok so I havent been having issues until recently when playing a game called dungeons and dragons online. My directx crashed so figured id do updates and check what my issues were. I updated my driver for my AMD Radeon HD 3400 using the program provided on the main site. After installing a driver update I started experiencing errors like "Video Hardware Error" with extreme fps drops in games like league of legends which was not happening until after I did this update.

Now I am not computer savy at all and when it comes to finding a fix for this issue its proven to be extremely hard so reaching out to the community to see if anyone can help. I am a father of 3 children and struggle with funding to upgrade or even replace this computer so trying to find someone who can walk me through fixes or can possible offer suggestions to fix this issue in a detailed manor.

0 Likes
6 Replies
brandondimop
Journeyman III

After looking in my event viewer I have a MASSIVE amounts of this error.

Faulting application name: Kdbsync.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f67a718

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000

Faulting process id: 0x618

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3e93411bd2aa1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD AVT\bin\Kdbsync.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 511aeffe-5527-11e8-8868-0023240b1797

0 Likes

You need to supply some more info...just the graphics card isn't enough.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes

how would I go about getting all this information for you to post here.

0 Likes

For those not technically savvy that don't know or know how to find these various things, there are utilities that easily gather that information for you, to a report you can post here. Speccy by Piriform is a good easy to use free option: Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!

This will do:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
0 Likes

It is important to follow kingfish​ advice about posting your computer specs.

Seems like you installed the wrong driver for your HD 3xxx series GPU card. I am just guessing since you haven't posted any computer specs.

But the HD 3xxx series is no longer supported by AMD. It is considered to be old (LEGACY) with no more driver updates. You need to allow Windows Update to install the correct HD 3xxx series driver for you. It will probably be a few years old but you will have no choice since you have a obsolete GPU card not supported any more.

0 Likes