cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

globalrebel
Adept I

Vega 64 BSOD during driver install on GA-P67A-UD4-B3 mobo

I am having a hell of a time getting my brand new Vega 64 GPU to install on my perfect fine system. I created a post on REDDIT and hope someone here can help resolve this issue . . .

Post .  https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8hpd5k/vega_64_gpu_getting_bsod_with_driver_install/

System:

Mobo: GA-P67A-UD4-B3

BIOS: F8

P/S: 750W GOLD

RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz

CPU: 2500K

Issue: Had this system running perfect fine with a GTX 680 for over 5 years without issue. I recently bought a Vega 64 (gigabyte as well!!) and went to install it but got a BSOD when installing the drivers. I did a DDU driver cleanup from my GTX 680 install as well to see if that was it, but no go. The system will boot up just fine with the Vega 64 installed and identified as a Microsoft Display (i forget the exact wording it shows up as in Device Manager), but when you go to install the driver for the Vega the screen goes black, and then jumps to a BSOD.

I decided to grab a friends old mobo (MSI P67A-c34) to test it out on his build and his has no problem with install. His Mobo uses UEFI whereas my Mobo uses BIOS. I have been researching and have found a lot of people with BIOS MBs are having this BSOD when installing the drivers. I have tried earlier revisions of the driver with no luck, and I'm AMAZED that AMD hasn't resolved this.

I've also read that Windows 7 systems with BIOS do not have this issue.

Sooo, we have the same chip-set running the same CPU and ram, and if it has UEFI it can install the drivers and no BSOD. But, if the same chip-set with a MB that is running a BIOS, it BSODs on driver install. This to me points to a problem with AMD Drivers for the Vega 64.

I've tried everything (old AMD drivers, updating BIOS on mobo, turning off OC for CPU, etc etc.) Nothing works. This has to be fixable! Why doesn't Nvidia have these problems but Radeon does?!?! Come on @AMD @Radeon fix your driver or tell us what can be done to resolve this! I now have a $700 paperweight on my desk! I want to support AMD but this is not a good start to a customer relationship! Please help me stay a new customer and stay with AMD in my future builds! Tell me what can be done to resolve this issue and I will do it.

0 Likes
2 Replies
shadow07
Adept III

I did have the same problem with EVGA X58 Board, You can't install Display driver in non UEFI Mobo.

azzkickr
Journeyman III

Same. GA-X58A-UD7

Problem lies in the Award BIOS it seems. That and the combination of how Win10 works.

0 Likes