1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2019 11:33 PM by pablo0208

Wraith Prism software not changing colors?

gypsygoos3

I have a MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard with Ryzen 7 2700x CPU and the Wraith Prism cooler.

When I run the program for it, no matter what changes I make are not working? I set the colors, press "Apply" but nothing? The first time I started the program, there was a firmware update which I did, but still nothing? It's connected to the RGB pin on my motherboard, and running Windows 10 Pro, Any advice would be appreciated!

AMD prism.jpg

• Re: Wraith Prism software not changing colors?
          pablo0208

Hi Gypsy

i too had this problem & spent many hours searching. Luckily I stumbled upon a fix , community user below did this & i have done the same, i.e using another spare USB header on motherboard & hey presto ... cooler master prism software working... DONT BOTHER placing it back onto the original 4pin USB header as it wont work & win10 wont recognise the port in the device manager

please thank jasonamd for his idea, im just reposting it as helpful

by jasonamd on 20-Nov-2018 13:00

I was able to come up with a bandaid fix for this. Instead of using the AMD LED Fan USB Header, I connected the Wraith Prism USB cable to a USB 2.0 Header and the device was recognized immediately/installed by Windows as an AM4 SR4 cooler and the Cooler Master software worked effortlessly. I attempted a firmware update but the fan was already up to date. I then reconnected the fan to the AMD LED Fan USB Header but it once again was not recognized by Windows or Cooler Master software.