12 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2018 5:16 AM by nandobarragán

My laptop does not use the dedicated graphics card.

nandobarragán

807/5000

A few days ago I bought a Hp Pavillion 15-CD006LA Notebook with an AMD A12 running at 2.7Ghz with 16GB of RAM and an integrated Radeon R7 and AMD radeon 535DX dedication in GPU, I suspect my computer is not using the GPU that is already performance in games is bad for the characteristics of the laptop, when using and monitoring with programs like GPU-z or MSI afterburner, it shows that the only GPU that is being used for the company and not the dedicated one.

Note: Several HP technicians have already entered into an additional Radeon configuration and have done everything at maximum performance, all controllers have been updated and the problem continues, the computer only uses the integrated computer, a weight that is recognized by the competition even in the device manager.

• Re: My laptop does not use the dedicated graphics card.
          jargon

Which Radeon Driver Package are you using? You will find it in Radeon Settings -> System -> Software -> Driver Packaging Version.

pokester

You were already working with the correct people the rectify your issue. Laptop graphics are often very customized to the company that makes the laptop. There is never any guarantee that the vanilla AMD drivers offered on AMD's site will every work correctly for your laptop as they do not contain any customization made by the manufacturer. If this is a NEW laptop and does not work with the driver it came with, then me personally I would work with HP to fix the issue (as you say you already have) and if they can't fix it. I'd return it and get another that works. Hopefully you are not past your return period.

nandobarragán

Greetings.

As I mentioned before, the HP technicians tried to solve my problem, which

is the incorrect operation of the dedicated graphics card of my HP Pavilion

CD006LA laptop, which comes with an AMD A12 9720P processor and an

integrated Radeon R7 graphics card. 512MB, adding the dedicated graphics

card that is a 4 GB AMD 535DX. Currently I have the 17.1.1 version of AMD

graphics, when configuring programs or games to work in high performance,

the dedicated graphics card does not start at all. We have tried updating

the latest version of AMD graphics and resetting the operating system of

WIN 10 to its factory version, without installing Windows updates, however,

no solution has been given to the problem. I have been comparing my

equipment with others that have the same requirements (same processor,

similar graphics, same version of Windows) and the latter when setting up

the dedicated graphics card to work with high performance programs, they

work correctly, being able to notice in AMD graphics monitoring. So far the

problem is insite and I have not been able to enjoy my AMD 535DX 4GB

graphics card. I hope quick answers, thank you very much for your attention.

2018-05-07 16:18 GMT-05:00 pokester <amd-external@jiveon.com>:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: My laptop does not use the dedicated graphics card. in Graphics

arcticwind

I have not been able to verify this but I think that the 535DX is not a dedicated graphics card.

I think it is part of a duel graphics "hybrid crossfire system" where each card works in an "AFR - Alternate Frame Rendering" mode.

Check with the techs at HP to see if this is the case.    

nandobarragán

According to what they tells me, then it is false when it says the

presentation of the laptop when it says that it has "a powerful dedicated

4GB card", because at no time have I been able to use it or even configure

it in the AMD graphics options. situation has disappointed me, since I

bought this laptop to see how it worked with this AMD graphics card. If I

like I can provide all the information you need from the graphics card and

the driver that I have currently installed.

El mar, may 8, 2018 01:05 AM, arcticwind <amd-external@jiveon.com> escribió:

nandobarragán

My laptop is an HP Pavilion - 15-cd006la which acquired the 13 of Arbril

2018 and after configuring the same with the initial setup of HP I found

the same problems that are discussed here, adding that the equipment was

updated to the version Windows Fall Creators Update and then recently to

the version 1803 Spring Creators Update, which already has a configuration

manager of graphic elements where to configure the applications according

to the performance that you want. The video card using this functionality

does not work in better performance either.

It happens as mentioned in this case, and having installed the driver's

page SP83991, which configures the graphic plate as AMD Radeon (TM) 535DX

instead of M340 that appears by default, which I still can not use the

benefits of This hardware with its 4GB of RAM indicates that the equipment

has its labels.

I also add that I also made the BIOS Firmware update to version F.23 Rev.A,

hoping that the problems were solved but I'm still in the same situation.

Both the games like Forza Apex, Forza 7, or others from the Microsoft store

are scary in this team, because not as you can see, it is not possible to

use the dedicated GPU. In the Resource Monitor in the Performance section

you can see 2 GPUs and in both cases have a dedicated RAM of 512MB, so

where are the 4GB DDR3 of the 535DX?

El mar, may 8, 2018 01:05 AM, arcticwind <amd-external@jiveon.com> escribió: